DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ATTORNEY SAN DIEGO
The Law Offices of James V. Bickford, IV have extensive experience in Domestic Violence defense in San Diego and California for over 13 years. Domestic Violence can happen at any time and under almost any circumstances. In fact, someone can be arrested for domestic violence if there are marks on your partner and the police are called.
The California definition of Domestic violence in Penal Code section 273.5 as follows:
(a) Any person who willfully inflicts upon a person who is his or her spouse, former spouse, cohabitant, former cohabitant, or the mother or father of his or her child, corporal injury resulting in a traumatic condition, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years, or in a county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of up to six thousand dollars ($6,000) or by both that fine and imprisonment.
If you are charged or believe you will be charged with Domestic Violence, seek counsel from San Diego's Domestic Violence Attorney James V. Bickford, IV immediately! Many cases involve false allegations, during divorce proceedings or child custody disputes where tempers are at their height, or simply because one person is angry with the other and called the police. It may also be important for both parties to seek legal counsel of their rights, duties and obligations.
Facts About Domestic Violence
- Approximately 42.4 million women in the United States have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.1
- 1 in 3 women have experienced physical violence by an intimate partner.1
- 1 in 10 men have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.1
- 30.3% of women in the United States have been slapped, pushed, or shoved by an intimate partner in their lifetime.1
- 3.2 million women have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner.1
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.2
- Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the ages of 18-24.2
- 19% of intimate partner violence involves a weapon.2
Call our offices at (619) 702-7400 and speak with an attorney in minutes. Our free consultations over the phone or in person can be very helpful in shedding light on your case. We are conveniently located in downtown San Diego and service all San Diego Domestic Violence Defense. You owe it to yourself to find an attorney that will vigorously defend your rights...that attorney is James Bickford.